BWP is in fact Bahrain Welding Wire Products Manufacturing Co. W.L.L. This is an established and running Aluminium downstream company in Bahrain with 100% local Bahraini ownership. The company consists of an Aluminium alloy mixing, casting & rolling operation based on high quality & purity Primary Liquid Aluminium from the nearby smelter - ALBA. Production equipment currently consists of the following :-
- Static holding furnace.
- Tilting alloying/casting furnaces.
- Continuus Properzi Rod Casting Mill with online tempering & quenching.
- Belt type ingot casting machine.
- Overhead cranes.
- Sow/T-Ingot moulds.
- Fully equipped and calibrated laboratory & testing facility.
- Forklift trucks.
- Development plot of land approximately 28,000m2. Large enough for future expansions.
- Miscellaneous tools, auxiliary equipment, offices, messing facilities etc.
The company has a current molten metal allocation from ALBA of approximately 25,000 tonnes per year. This is being increased as part of the Phase II expansion requirements to 45,000 tonnes per year. Additional metal can also be obtained in solid form when required from a variety of local sources. The company is committed to a strategy of expanding further into the Aluminium downstream casting product groups & markets.