Rashid Al-Zayani Charity Foundation was established in the Kingdom of Bahrain on May 14, 2009. The Foundation was registered at the Ministry of Social Development under law No. 21 of 1989, as regards the establishment of charity foundations in the Kingdom. The Foundation statute was published in the Official Gazette no. 2895 on the same date.
Rashid Al Zayani Mabara Vision
Rashid Al-Zayani Charity Foundation aspires to be a leading institution in the field of philanthropy. It also seeks with confidence to be an outstanding example of charity work and sustainable development in the society to which it belongs.
Rashid Al Zayani Mabara Message
The Foundation has a clear mission that it desires to achieve. It is embodied in reaching out with help for those in need in the Kingdom of Bahrain, whether individuals or groups.
The Foundation aims to achieve its objectives as follows:
The Foundation aims at providing financial and material assistance to the needy families in the Kingdom of Bahrain, as well as to the sick in need of medical treatment in the private hospitals in the Kingdom. The Foundation also aims at providing emergency assistance in the case of disasters and calamities as well as helping the needy families in building their own homes or renovating them. Furthermore, it aims at providing help to the needy students to pursue their higher studies inside the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The Foundation has the following work since its declaration as follows:
Ever since it was established, the Foundation has proudly accomplished the following achievements:
- Fixed and re-built around 300 Houses for underprivileged families around in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Fixed Waterproofing for around 60 Families prior to rain periods
- Sponsored around 70 Students in Bahrain University and Bahrain Polytechnic
- Sponsored 8 of Bahrain’s Top Students to complete their medical studies at the Royal Colleague of Surgeons (RCSI) in Bahrain
- Creating the Rashid Alzayani development fund to enable families to start and develop projects and achieve a sustainable source of income, currently working with 12 families on their projects
- Built the Rashid AlZayani Port and Garden for the Fishermen and the Local people in AlJasra Area
- Built the Rashid AlZayani non – profit community and events Hall for the people of Al Hala/Muharrag Area
- Built the Rashid AlZayani Mosque in Galali that can host up to 1500 worshippers, as well as has a Quran and Arabic writing school and community center.
- Built the Mahfooda AlZayani Mosque with a capacity of around 1000 worshippers in Janabiyah, and also acts as a community center
- Supported of 240 Newley Weds by providing financial assistance for them to start their married lives
- Created an educational support program in both mosques to help students in the area with their high school and intermediate school studies, the program has had an impressive impact on the performance of those students.