Purpose of the job:
Carrying out maintenance, inspection and basic repair work for BMW automobiles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Carries out technical maintenance, inspection and repair work for electrical and mechanical vehicle systems:
- Inspection of components for wear and tear.
- Repair/ replacement of broken/ worn out parts.
- Verification of vehicle functions and its subsystems.
Reports and interacts with interfaces:
- Provides information to the supervisor about preapproval for additional repair.
- Notifies the service advisor and service assistant immediately of work interruptions as a result of additionally required work, complications, missing parts or missed deadlines.
Acts diligently according to BMW guidelines:
- Uses checklists/ repair instructions, tools and test equipment adhered to current BMW guidelines.
- Handles tools, special tools work clothing etc. properly.
- Uses equipment cost- effectively.
- Hands over dismantled, replacement or warranty parts to warranty department cleaned and labelled.
- Disposes waste according to local legislated guidelines.
- Observes accident prevention guidelines and reporting incidents to his or her supervisor.
Technician agrees to follow the required BMW Group Repair Instructions in accordance with the most up to date information available at all times.
- Hours billed.
- Warranty labour.
- Efficiency rating.
- Technical training (as automotive technician, industrial technician).
- Vocational training at an automotive dealership/importer/workshop or at a similar facility.
- Driving licence.
Working hours from 8 am to 5 pm Saturday – Wednesday / Thursday Half Day
- Experience with prestige vehicles.
- Team orientation and customer focused attitude.
- Automotive Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of Three years’ experience in the Automotive field
- Experience in a motor vehicle company/industry.